Sports Medicine Services
St. James Healthcare, through its Montana Sports Medicine program, provides a ramge of services to southwest Montana student athletes.
Event or School Coverage
Montana Sports Medicine is dedicated to providing health care coverage for any event or school in southwestern Montana. We provide licensed athletic trainers and sports medicine-trained physicians.
Prompt injury evaluation is crucial in safely treating, rehabilitating and returning athletes to competition. Montana Sports Medicine achieves this by:
- Immediate, quality injury evaluation by the licensed athletic trainers and physicians at an event or on the sideline
- Fall sports season Monday morning injury clinics conducted by Dr. Nick DiGiovine and the licensed athletic trainers
- State-of-the-art surgical services
- Leading-edge technologies and equipment
- Implementation of ImPact concussion programs at the schools
- Rehabilitation services provided by trained professionals in our Rehabilitation Department
Montana Sports Medicine is dedicated to improving the skills and knowledge of all allied health professionals throughout southwest Montana by providing several continuing education opportunities.
- Big Sky Sports Medicine Conference
- Montana Sports Medicine Lecture Series
- First aid and CPR Training
- Concussion education and training - ImPact
We are also dedicated to educating the community and coaches of Southwestern Montana by providing education on any sports medicine related topic.
- Seminars and Workshops
- First Aid and CPR Training
Athlete Enhancement Program
The MSM Athlete Enhancement program is a 6-week training regimen designed to enhance an athlete's sports performance. The program utilizes speed and agility conditioning, plyometrics and functional strength training to further develop and enhance an athlete's skill and conditioning level. Our trained personnel will supervise, encourage, and instruct athletes and provide necessary skills and knowledge to improve speed, power, endurance and agility. The program offers two different options for the athlete. There are group sessions and athletes can schedule one on one sessions as well.