Our interdisciplinary approach to pain treats accidents, illnesses or injuries, with the goal of treating the whole person. This approach yields excellent results for patients, tends to shorten recovery time, and deals with the difficult task of both pain treatment and management.
For more information, read this article.
Types of Problems Treated
- Injury-related pain, especially neck or back pain
- Pain associated with shingles and other diseases of the nerve endings
- Facial, TMJ, and myofascial syndrome
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD)
- Industrial and accident injuries
- Cancer pain
- Pain associated with chronic illnesses
- Post-operative pain
Because pain has both physiological and psychological components, the Pain Center addresses all aspects of patient care, including:
- Limitations in physical movement
- Appetite problems
- Sexual dysfunction
- Sleep disorders
- General feelings of irritability
- Problems with concentration
- Reduced quality of life
The St. James Healthcare Pain Center specializes in non-narcotic pain management and spinal diagnostics. Our team provides services through evaluation, diagnosis, education, referrals, and non-narcotic pain management and procedures.