Women's & Children's Services
It's all about the Power of Family.
At St. James Healthcare, we deliver miracles!! We are proud to be a part of 500 new lives each year. Our team of professionals includes an all RN staff, OB/GYNs, nurse midwives, family practice/OB doctors, pediatricians and family practice doctors.
In November of 2003, St. James Healthcare unveiled its new birthing center. Four rooms serve as LDRs-labor, delivery and recovery, while other rooms allow for postpartum care.
Our new LDRs allow babies to be born in private rooms designed to provide the best medical technology for both mother and infant. Each suite is large to accommodate families in the birthing experience and is equipped with a jetted Jacuzzi tub for labor comfort.
The quality of healthcare is maintained as the priority on the labor and delivery floor. St. James offers 24-hour anesthesia coverage to administer labor analgesia. A c-section room and recovery room are on the labor and delivery floor.
After delivery, each patient is moved to new private postpartum/post delivery suites for the remainder of their stay. Each room has a private shower and extra space for a rollaway bed for dads to stay. Special attention is given to educating mothers on post delivery care, newborn care and feeding.
Our St. James Healthcare nursery offers
- 24-hour RN staff or option for babies to room-in
- Nursery staff skilled with assisting feedings and problem solving
- Nursery secured with lockdown unit and camera system
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care available 24/7
- Skilled physician and nursing care available for all aspects of neonatal care
- Childbirth education classes are offered to expectant moms by our staff
- Newborn/child CPR classes are taught to new parents by staff on an as needed basis
- Breastfeeding assistance and education
- Breastfeeding room for employees or moms who require further assistance once discharged
- Lullabies are played on the overhead speakers throughout St. James signifying a miracle has just taken place!!
- The Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department is certified in car seat safety and are available to install car seats. For an appointment, contact the Butte Fire Department at 782-9509.
- Cuisine on Call is offered to all our L&D patients. Cuisine on Call is a specially designed menu for our labor and delivery floor
For more information about Labor and Delivery Services at St James Healthcare, call Debbie Forkan, RN, Director, Women's & Children's Services, 406-723-2500.