Patient Compassion Program
Giving Today to Help Tomorrow!
The Patient Compassion Program offers financial assistance to individuals and their families throughout southwest Montana who must travel out of town to get specialized medical treatment not available in Butte.
The program also provides assistance to patients from the surrounding area to travel to Butte for their medical care. It helps families and individuals with fuel costs, hotel expenses, bus vouchers, airline tickets, and other expenses. In addition to travel assistance, the program helps patients after being discharged from the hospital with recovery medication, equipment at home, and co-pays.
Note: Assistance will not be provided if treatment is available in Butte.
- The applicant must have a physician’s referral or diagnoses to be eligible for funding, and each case must be medically driven.
- Each applicant must fill out an application form as well as an Authorization for Release of Information form to allow follow-up with the referring physician.
- Each application will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by a committee to determine eligibility and funding availability.
- In emergency cases when a meeting of the committee is not possible, the St. James Foundation staff will determine whether funds can be distributed.
- Prior to applying to the Patient Compassion Program, other programs and funding sources should be pursued by the applicant to maximize funding potential.
- All information received by the St. James Healthcare Foundation is confidential.
The Patient Compassion Program is not intended to finance 100% of the applicant’s expenses, but rather to assist with some of the costs incurred. The St. James Foundation will continue to partner with medical and community organizations such as hospital cafeterias, gas stations, and motels in various locations to help reduce the out-of-pocket expenses an applicant may incur as well as the expenses paid through this program.
The Patient Compassion Program is a great way to bring our physicians, allied health professionals, clinics, St. James Healthcare and the community together to provide a needed service. Together, we can make a difference!
To learn more about the Patient Compassion Program or any of the other Foundation programs, contact the St. James Healthcare Foundation today at 406-782-5640.