St. James Nurse Alumni Scholarship Fund
The St. James School of Nursing Alumni group established the St James Nursing Alumni Scholarship to provide recognition and financial support to student nurses who are pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree at Montana Tech of the University of Montana.
This scholarship was established by the graduates of the St. James School of Nursing at its Centennial Celebration in 2006 to preserve the memory of the school. The St. James School of Nursing was established in 1906 and prepared hundreds of nursing students throughout Montana for a career in nursing. The last graduating class from the school was in 1970.
For nursing students to be eligible for this scholarship, they must meet the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have completed two years of study and received an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) Degree from Montana Tech of the University of Montana.
- Be accepted into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at Montana Tech of the University of Montana.
- Scholarship funds are available annually.
- The application deadline is May 1.
- Click here to view and download an application.
Help Support the St. James Nurses Alumni Scholarship Fund
Your dollars can help support the St. James Nurses Alumni Scholarship Fund to ensure scholarships will continue to be available. Contributions, designated for the St. James Nurses Alumni Scholarship Fund, can be made in the following ways:
- Through direct contributions to the St. James Healthcare Foundation.
- Through Memorials and Honorariums.
- Through Planned Giving opportunities naming St James Healthcare Foundation as the beneficiary.
For more information about the St. James Nurses Alumni Scholarship Fund or any of the programs offered by the St. James Healthcare Foundation, contact the Foundation staff at (406) 782-5670.